Nurse Coaching is an Art that we have turned into a science
Nurses have had tremendous trust and authority in their patient relationships, but many didn’t know what to do with it or how to properly recognize it. We discovered that this trust manifested itself in many different ways:
- Nurses were frustrated that patients didn’t hear what they were saying.
- Patients didn’t follow the guidance.
- Patients weren’t showing up when they were supposed to.
All of this frustration meant that it was harder to do what you really loved: help people restore their health and live their best lives. Once we acknowledged this gap, we knew that we could use our personal experiences and a tremendous amount of trial-and-error to address them. This became the core foundation of what we did.
Wisdom of the Whole
Today, it forms the groundwork for a variety of different and fascinating specializations. At Wisdom of the Whole, we are in the business of helping nurses step into the role of Nurse Coaches. I am bringing our foundational experience to this fun and exciting in-person training program so that you can quickly develop the skills you need from a holistic/integral perspective.
Together, we will cover these topics in ways you’ve never experienced before:
- Setting the Foundation: ethical guidelines, professional standards, and setting coaching agreements
- Co-creating the Relationship: establishing trust and intimacy, coaching presence
- Communicating Effectively: active listening, powerful questions, direct communication
- Creating New Awareness: identifying and making mental shifts in awareness, uncovering unexpressed motivations, empowering clients to change their story
- Facilitating Learning and Results: creating awareness, designing actions, planning and goal setting, managing progress and accountability
- Stages and maps of change
- Mind, body, spirit coaching principles