“Becoming an Informed Consumer Advocate for Your Healthcare”
I will offer this workshop “Becoming an Informed Consumer Advocate for your Healthcare,” at the Center for Conscious Living and Dying (CCLD), on Tuesday, November 14, 2023, from 9am to 4pm, at 1 Sanctuary Drive, Swannanoa.
The agenda for this class is as follows:
- 9:00am to 10:30am – Overview of the US Healthcare System – Karen Sanders, RN
- 10am to 10:15am Break, Coffee and Tea provided
- 10:15am to 11:45 – Advocating for yourself and loved one in the Hospital, Assisted Living, and Physician Offices – Karen Sanders
- 11:45am to 12:45pm Lunch provided
- 12:45pm to 1:30pm – Home Care vs Home Health – Heather Bauer, Former Executive Director of the Buncombe County Council on Aging
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm Transitions: The Art of Dying – Greg Lathrop, RN
- 2:30pm to 2:45pm Break, Cold beverages, Tea and snacks provided
- 2:45pm to 3:45pm Palliative Care vs Hospice Care – Dr. Aditi Sethi-Brown
- 3:45pm to 4:00pm Wrap Up
Sign Up Today
Click this link to sign up and submit a payment of $120 for this 7 hour class.
A promotion code of $20 will be offered to CCLD members through their newsletter.