Givens Estates Presentation
Givens Estates in Asheville, North Carolina is a non-profit retirement community on a large 200+ acre campus that provides a diversity of programs and services.
Karen Sanders, MSN, RN, AHN-BC, HWNC-BC, owner/founder of RN Patient Advocacy NC, PLLC, in Asheville North Carolina was a guest speaker on April 24th, presenting geriatric healthcare topics and patient advocacy services including:
- Provide consistent follow-up including ongoing communication to support your well-being
- Attend physician office visits and interpret progress and relevant information
- Make hospital visits and assists with discharge planning
- Develop questions for physicians or healthcare providers
- Interpret test and diagnostic studies
- Attention to prescriptions and reasons for medications
- Review medical records when needed
Contact Karen for more information.
I will be teaching this eight week course, “Becoming an Informed Consumer Advocate When Using the Healthcare System” to seniors at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at UNCA in March, 2019. This course will discuss how to advocate for self, family or loved ones in pre-hospitalization settings, hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, facilities, palliative care and hospice settings. We will identify 50 Golden Eggs of Advocating Wisdom in pre-acute care, acute care and post-acute care settings in finding the care and support you need in navigating the healthcare system.
Sometimes nurses make serious mistakes. As a result of their mistakes, they lose their jobs, financial capabilities, and identities as a nurse.
Click here to see our video and learn more.
Karen Sanders and Jackie Levin at AHNA, 2018